PLANT BREEDING ASSISTANT
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture – Agronomy/Horticulture/Crop Science/Biological Sciences
- With strong interest in plant breeding, genetics and statistics
- Fair reading, writing and speaking skills in English
- Computer skills: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- General competencies required: Team player, Creative, Accurate, Achievement oriented
- Ability to work under adverse condition in the field
- Willing to be assigned in Tayug, Pangasinan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist direct supervisor in all trial activities and special projects as assigned
- Assist direct supervisor with supervision of all aspects of breeding trials including sowing, planting, pollination, plant selection, data collection and seed harvesting.
- Assist direct supervisor with observations and data collections of trials.
- Assist direct supervisor with management of breeding working collections and seed admin database.
- Develop practical knowledge of agronomy, basic genetics and breeding, disease problems and markets of relevant crops.
- Search for information related to species breeding objectives.
- Assist direct supervisor with supervision, training and evaluation of breeding aides and breeding labor.
- Submit reports to direct supervisor for review and discussion as required.