JUNIOR PLANT PATHOLOGIST
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture preferably major in Plant Pathology.
- With at least 1 year experience in Plant Pathology Laboratory
- Has good communication, reporting and writing skills in English.
- Can work independently with less supervision and under time pressure.
- Computer skill: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under adverse condition in the field
- Willing to be assigned in Tayug, Pangasinan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for isolation, culturing, and maintenance of microbial organisms related to plant pathology of vegetable crops handled by the company
- Timely monitoring and identification of plant diseases
- Analyze plant diseases and determine appropriate course of action
- Perform laboratory diagnosis of plant diseases, leaf tissue analysis and interpretation of results.
- Setting up of green houses for pathological screening
- Screening of germplasm and hybrids both in the lab and in the field
- Assist departments such as R&D, Production and Marketing in solving pathology related issues in the field.
- Maintaining records and preparing reports to be submitted to the direct supervisor.
- Giving trainings to R&D and PD staff including also the sales agronomist.